24. November 2020 at 9:10 #53582
I’m wondering which Citrix policy settings are the right one for audio video redirection for MS Teams. USB thumb drive should be NOT redirected
we are testing the follwing settings:
– Audio over UDP ->Allowed
– Audio Plug N Play -> Allowed
– Client audio redirection -> Allowed
– Client microphone redirectin -> Allowed
– Client USB device redirection -> Allowed
– Client USB Plug and Play device redirection -> Allowed
– Microsoft Teams redirection -> Allowed
– Client removable drives -> Prohibited
We noticed that with this settings USB thumb drive are still mapped. We need only audio / video for MS Teams, all other connected USB devices should be disabled
any help would be greatly appreciated,
Jürgen24. November 2020 at 13:01 #53591
Disable these two
Client USB device redirection
Client USB Plug and Play device redirection
CG24. November 2020 at 13:01 #53592
To have Teams optimization working you will need ThinOS 9.
CG24. November 2020 at 13:46 #53596
thanks for the information, I’ll give it a try!24. November 2020 at 14:57 #53600
ok, tried the settings and made a connection
– with Wyse 5070 ThinOS 9.0.4024 / Citrx 2006_1146
– to our Citrix Server (Citrix 1912 LTSR CU2) / Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter
– with Teams vor VDI 1.3.00.28779
Dell WMS: Global Session Settings -> Exclude audio devices / video devices
– in the taskbar the speaker symbol is inactive (no audio devices detected)
– MS Teams runs in HDX optimized mode
– Headset (Jabra 930) and Webcam (Logitec 925e) visible in MS Teams settings
Problem: still not able to make any audio or video call to other Teams members
– what are the correct Dell 5070 settings for MS Teams?
– is it normal that in the taskbar no audio device will be detected?
– if not, what should be visible in the taskbar (Citrix HDX audio or Jabra 930)?
Jürgen25. November 2020 at 14:50 #53621
any ideas what can be the issue?25. November 2020 at 15:06 #53625
If you do not see any audio device in the taskbar, you have probably disabled the Audio Service.
There is no special setting on the 5070. Just make sure that Audio and Video device are not getting redirected via USB redirection.
CG25. November 2020 at 16:19 #53629
hmm, with Citrix Workspace on a Windows Client everything works without problems. On the Wyse 5070 we excluded Audio/Video redirection1. December 2020 at 14:24 #53671
on our Windows 2012 R2 Servers (Citrix 1912 LTSR CU2) the services for Audio are running:
– Windows Audio
– Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Still have the same problem 🙁9. December 2020 at 13:31 #53749FranzParticipant
- Total Post: 1
We run also in this Problem.
Wyse 5070 ThinOS 9.0.4024 / Citrx 2006_1146,
Teams shows, that Citrix Optimation is enabled.
On PC, the Network Team see the network traffic from the PC directly to the Firewall to Microsoft.
The Wyse 5070 don’t try any connection to Microsoft.
If we disable the Citrix Optimation, Headset and Cam are working.
In my understanding, the Workspace App should by Optimation connect to Microsoft, but we don’t see any connections from the ThinClient.
Where is my mistake?16. December 2020 at 10:30 #53838jbvh85Participant
- Total Post: 97
- Back Stage Pass
hello we use RDS 2016
teams works fine
for allow sound (jabra evolve 2) we can take this : SessionConfig=ALL DisableSound=2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.