- This topic is empty.
22. April 2010 at 17:19 #5848
Hello, three different questions for you.
We are going to be moving to Windows 2008 R2 RDS
1. We purchased some C10LE thin clients under the impression that they would support Video redirection and therefore play videos smoothly…they do not. Will this support be added to C10LE thin clients in the near future? I have called Wyse Tech support and was told ” I don’t know”
2. I have several 1200LE and S10 thin clients. Will they be able to connect to our Windows 2008 R2 Servers ok? I have read people having issues with licensing errors, etc. The firmware versions vary. The 1200LE are all updated to the lastest firmware on the wyse website, and the S10’s are running with whatever came on them when we ordered them.
3. Last question… will are older thin clients W3235LE work, or will they need to be retired?
Edit: I should add, we currently don’t use any wnos.ini files. Settings are just configured on the thin clients…will this have to change at all for licensing purposes?24. April 2010 at 15:28 #18204
1. C10LE can play videos perfectly but you need Wyse TCX Suite for that.
2. Yes they can but use Per-User licensing and not Per-device as later is not supported.
3. Sure but don’t expect speed records
4. No need to use the wnos.ini (but recommended)
CG27. April 2010 at 12:59 #18229
Thanks for the reply.
So for question # 1…there are no plans of supporting video offloading (built into Windows 2008 R2) without using the Wyse TCX Suite?
So only option to get video offloading without purchasing Wyse TCX is to get a thin client running a built in MS OS, using RDP 7?27. April 2010 at 18:57 #18233
I am not sure if Wyse will have this feature in Badger (the next WTOS release) but currently they don’t have it.
CG29. April 2010 at 13:04 #18243
anytime line on the release of badger? Is this v 7?29. April 2010 at 18:46 #18249
Yes, badger is V7. I heard it should be out next month but don’t rely on this.
CG28. May 2010 at 17:54 #18448
Any update on the release date of badger?30. May 2010 at 14:41 #18451
Last info was June.
CG17. August 2010 at 17:00 #18717
any update on the release date?22. August 2010 at 16:04 #18727
Latest rumor says that if you are on maintenance release will appear on the internal website by end of this month.
The official launc will be next month.
Don’t know what is causing these delays.
CG20. September 2010 at 15:51 #18924
Any update on v 7 coming out?22. September 2010 at 8:33 #18934
From what I have heard it is still a few weeks away. This is because the American goverment (or whatever part is responsible) ischecking the code now to make sure it is allowed to export it. 🙁
The code itself is ready to go.
CG29. September 2010 at 8:18 #19122mzoliMember
- Total Post: 4
Is the final WTOS7 release based on 7.0.0_30 or on a newer version?
I had some freeze and mouse movement bugs with this _30 version.
mzoli29. September 2010 at 11:17 #19124
Release code will be 7.0.0_30.
CG2. October 2010 at 14:09 #19162
It is released!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.