I am having Samsung ML -1520 Series Laser Printer and have Linux V50 Thin Client, what I need, Installed the Samsung Printer Locally and print. Actually I have a browser based software which I am currently using on Local browser(Firefox) of V50, that’s why I required to install the printer locally. I tried serveral driver presently in Linux V50 but haven’t got success. Any body have an Idea.
Secondly when the printer installed locally I want to configure the same printer which is attached with the thin client (1) want to use from the other thin client using LPD (LPR) of Thin Client.
1) The first exercise I have done on HP 1320 and working fine, but not Samsung ML -1520
2) The second exercise is not successful on both the Printer.
Still I haven’t found the Samsung ML-1520 driver in the printer driver list. Moreover unable to take out the print out from the local Firefox Browser, after installing the HP 1320 Locally. Is there any procedure to follow in order to take out the prints from the browser.
See my other psots on this but here is the proccess:
– Install ghostscript.pak
– Set up a generic print driver like a PS or PCL printer
– Make sure the printer works from the test print page
– Open the browser and select the print setup to ghost script, FireFox selects the wrong printer by default!
– Print the web page