I’m experiencing problems with sound mapping over RDP with RDS 2016.
We’re using Wyse 3010, 5010 & 3040, with thinOS 8.5 or 8.6 (i’ve tried with both ThinOS), and we have RDS2008 & 2016 environments
The problem we encounter is the redirection of audio (both output et mic input) from to RDS2016, when microphone mapping is enabled…
Here are the cross-over tests i’ve done :
– direct RDP connection with Wyse to RDS 2008 server : microphone and output are correctly detected by the remote server, and everything works
– RDP connection with Wyse to RDS2016 server, via broker (‘VDI’ mode), without that following parameter activated in WMS : Microsoft RDP parameters > base parameters > Enable recording : output audio detected by remote server, but no microphone, audio output works, and obviously the recording not.
– same with the precedent point, but with the parameter ‘enable recording’ ticked : output and microphone detected by the remote server, but audio and recording doesn’t work (?!!)
– direct RDP connection with Wyse to RDS2016 (without VDI mode) with Wyse : same issue with the precedent point, audio and microphone detected by the remote server, but nothing works…
– direct RDP connection with a regular W10 computer to RDS 2016 : audio and microphone detected by the remote server, and everything works !!! so there is apparently no problem with the remote servers !
As i told, i’ve reproduced that tests on Wyse 3010, 5010 and 3040, with ThinOS 8.5 & 8.6 for that last one model.
I’m completly lost as the cross-over tests gives nothing logic !
Did you guys experienced that kind of issues?
Somebody here is using audio/mic redirection with thinOS on RDS2016 servers without any issues ? if yes, what’s your config ???