Problem connecting to XenDesktop 5.5 desktop groups

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #6887
    AvatarOskarLarsson
    Member
    • Total Post: 3
    • Newbie
    • β˜…

    Hello!

    I have a new XenDesktop 5.5 installation here, and everything worked fine until I tried to connect to it from a Wyse terminal (R10L with WTOS 7.1) – which fails… πŸ˜•

    If I connect via the XenDesktop Web Interface from my computer (using the online plug-in) everything works just fine and I can see my “desktop groups” and connect to the virtual desktops. πŸ˜€

    When I login through the Wyse terminal with my account, I can see my desktop groups (“G-27-VDI-PoolT1” and “G-27-VDI-PoolO1”) – but I can’t connect to them.

    When I try to connect I get the following error message “ICA[G-27-VDI-PoolT1 $P22]: Connection timed out” when trying to connect to the “G-27-VDI-PoolT1” desktop group – and “ICA[G-27-VDI-PoolO1 $A1-1-275C81BF-0001]: Connection timed out” when trying the other group.

    I use the following wnos.ini:


    autoload=1
    AutoSignoff=yes
    SysMode=VDI
    SignOn=Yes
    DomainList=”mydomain”
    IcaBrowsing=HTTP
    PnliteServer=myddc.mydomain.com



    I have tried both with HTTP and UDP IcaBrowsing. I have no idea which one to use… does it matters?

    In the event log on the Wyse I can read that “DNS/WINS can’t resolve [G-27-VDI-PoolT1 $P22]” when I try to connect to G-27-VDI-PoolT1. And of course I get “DNS/WINS can’t resolve [G-27-VDI-PoolO1 $A1-1-275C81BF-0001]” when I try to connect to G-27-VDI-PoolO1…

    I have no firewall enabled on the DDC server.

    I hope someone can help me!

    #21213
    ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11217
    • Jedi Master
    • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

    What is your farmname? Does it contain some special characters like “&, $, Β§” or similar?

    CG

    #21215
    AvatarOskarLarsson
    Member
    • Total Post: 3
    • Newbie
    • β˜…

    @ConfGen wrote:

    What is your farmname? Does it contain some special characters like “&, $, Β§” or similar?

    The site name (farm name) is “B27_Farm”.
    Could the name be the problem?

    Should the “PnliteServer” be the WI or the DDC? I have tried both. When using the DDC I can see my assignments, but not with the WI.

    #21216
    ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11217
    • Jedi Master
    • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

    1. The farmname can be the issue. Try to use a name without special characters like “_”
    2. The PNliteServer value should point to your PNAgent site.

    CG

    #21217
    AvatarOskarLarsson
    Member
    • Total Post: 3
    • Newbie
    • β˜…

    Now I finaly got it working (with a little help from a consultant).
    We had no “XenApp Services Site” configured on the Web Interface server.
    Now it’s configured and now when I connect with “PnliteServer=http://mywiserver.mydomain.com/Citrix/PNAgent/config.xml” it is working as it should.

    Anyway, thanks ConfGen for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.