just updated to wdm 4.5.2 and had MMC problem

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #852
    AvatarEBH
    Member
    • Total Post: 43
    • Frequent Flyer
    • ★★★

    windows 2003 sp2. Was at 4.5.1 and just updated to 4.5.2

    When i launched WDM for the first time I received a snap-in error in the mmc. I had to re-add the WYse snap-in and remove the one that would not launch. All seems OK now.

    Just a FYI in case anybody sees this as well. Hopefully no other issues….

    #11334
    ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10966
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

    Hi EBH,

    do me a favor and check WDM-Configuration Manager-Preferences-Scheduling Preferences, if you see something there like a 6 hours timeout for packages that are errored out.
    This is a new feature in 4.5.2.
    The reason is that I saw the same issue and fixed it the same way like you. After installing a fresh WDM 4.5.2 I found out that the used MMC snapins are not the same in these two versions.

    CG

    #11335
    AvatarEBH
    Member
    • Total Post: 43
    • Frequent Flyer
    • ★★★

    Thanks confgen.

    1. To answer your question, no I see no such setting in the scheduling for preferences for what you mentioned. Should I?

    2. New problem I found—I had a group of devices I was hoping to setup remotely this weekend, but ended up having to go in to office. First device checked in OK and pulled its DDC (s10 devices, new with 0mb flash reported to WDM). The others would not. I saw in event log that they could not access profile. Checked local rapport account and it was locked out. Unlocked it, and then I had to manually re-enter the rapport password (default r@p8p0r+) in the server settings under the FTP section for each of the clients I was working with. WHat password were they trying to use and why?

    #11339
    ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10966
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

    Hi EBH,

    I’ve looked up the new parameters and they are called:
    – Global Schedule Time-Out (Minutes)
    – Client Response Time-Out (Minutes)

    Try to copy the RptMmc.dll from the install folder to your program folder.
    Before that you should unregister the old RptMmc.dll with regsvr32.exe and after copying reregister the new one.

    Regarding your S10 issue I do not have a clue why you had to reenter the password. That the user is locked out after 30 days is a normal Windows behaviour. That’s why I always set this user’s password to never expire.

    CG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.