I have a notebook which I use for the initial imaging process when I am on site (we dont have any WDM/server infrastructure at our remote sites).
From there, to get it to talk to the main WDM all I USUALLY have to do (99% of the time) is change the IP Address within the Rapport applet in the control panel and its happy. If that doesnt work, im stuffed. Not even a manual device entry into WDM works.
So now I have a couple of terminals which will not talk to a WDM at all.
Does anyone have any tried/tested methods of forcing a XPe device to register with WDM so it can be re-imaged?
can’t image why the device should not check in but if so, so the following:
– Add the device manually in the WDM console (right-click Device Manager)
– Make sure the MAC address is correct and agent type is HAgent
– also check “Imageable”
– Assign the upgrade package to the newly created client
– Open Update Manager-Scheduled packages
– right click the package and select “Roll to boot”
– reboot the unit. It will now pick up the package.