8440 XL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    saarakura
    • Total Post: 8

Hi people.. i have one thinclient model 8440 xl, when i try to boot this appers
    disk boot failure, please insert….. .

Any one know how can i fix this ?

thanks

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11417
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

First thing for me would be to open the box and check wether the flash module is inserted correctly. After that I would try to flash the unit.

CG

saarakura

the module is this on the picture and don’t get out.
    and how cai i reflash this ?
    sry for my english and for noob questions.

thinkthin
    • Total Post: 1686
    • Jacked into The Matrix
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, this is a really old unit – I mean really old. These old Netier boxes (Wyse purchased his company and re-branded them) needed DOC tools to flash and I’m not even sure of the process.

I have DOC tools lying around, I will post them – good luck trying to flash it! The disk on chip were not that reliable so if its dead you are in trouble, good news is its there is an IDE port if you do not have the CDROM and regular flash works just fine to boot from this port. (its an AMD K6 motherboard)

If you search these forums there are a few old posts on these boxes, I did not know any still existed!

Cheers,
    -ThinThin

saarakura

yeah, its veryyy old XD. this ide is 2.5 right ? how can i adapt it for 3.5 ? and thanks for your help and attention people!

thinkthin
    • Total Post: 1686
    • Jacked into The Matrix
    • ★★★★★★

Hi,

You can buy converters from any electronics store or use flash vrom a V class as these are 2.5 inch IDE flash!

Here are some old tools I found, if you build an old Rapport 4.4 server you can try and flash the device with a factory image:

http://www.freewysemonkeys.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=124

I am assuming these can be downloaded from the retired devices section of the wyse site:

http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsupport/support/downloads.asp

If you can’t let me know as i may have the old product manuals and firmware – actully I ink I h have the factory flashing tools too!

Cheers,
    -TT

saarakura

hi i buy ide2.5 to 3.5 adapter and put a harddisk 3.5, i have one question… where can i take the power to supply the hard disk ?

thanks for all!

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

When you look at the board (like you took the pic above) you will find the power on the bottom right to the RAM slots.

CG

saarakura

you mean this ?

no power from there…. =/

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Yes. This should give you power.

CG

saarakura

but i test it and it cant give power, need to do something firt ? like active any bios opition ?

thanks

saarakura

but i test it and it cant give power, need to do something firt ? like active any bios opition ?

thanks

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Should work out of the Box

CG

saarakura

well.. i will keeping trying, if it dont work…. on ide 2.5 has 2 ground and one 5,0v… there is any problem to pull the 12v from font conector ?

UPDATE: dont work =/ this plug is dead.. no power from there… now i dont know how to power up the hd….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.