4.5.2 to 4.5.3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MuHaHa
    • Total Post: 15
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I am trying to upgrade to 4.5.3 and I keep getting an error when I launch the install process Please upgrade HServer before upgrading other components. Aborting current upgrade. I have looked through the Forum and tried the only solution I could find, to replace the HServer.dll with a newer version, but I have not been able to resolve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 😕

Cory
    • Total Post: 52
    • Back Stage Pass
    • ★★★★

I had this problem and it turned out there were missing components in the SQL database under the dbo.install table. Open SQL manager rapportdb dbo.install and let me know what is listed in the tables.

What is your environment, WDM enterprise or workgroup? Separate SQL server?

Cory

MuHaHa
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I recently took this over and am very new to WDM. We are running SQL, the EM says version 8, on the same server. Using Enterprise. on a Win2k3 R2. Just let me know if this doesn’t suffice I will get you more information.
    I can’t find the password for dbo but here is the sa. Keep in mind I changed the HFID when I noticed it was ishowing the old version numbers. ( I know probably a boneheaded move but I need to get this to function and was grasping at straws.)

Module Latest HFID
    Rapport4DB HF040510277
    SwRep HF040510277
    StdSrv HF040510277
    Hserver HF040510277
    GUI HF040510277

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10696
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Also check the tables SERVER and INSTALL. Verify that all the references to your servers are correct.

CG

MuHaHa
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I checked all of the tables and all of the references to our server are correct.

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

the server is referenced by the correct FQDN name?
    I have seen that issue before and it was always a problem with these 3 tables.
    Please recheck again.

CG

MuHaHa
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

All I see is the server name it does not have the .domain.com or local

MuHaHa
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I changed the DB to read: server name.domain.local and the Db now upgrades. Thanks for all of the help. 😛

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Great, thanks for the update.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.