1125 and S10 environment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    • Total Post: 6

We currently run a 400+ client environment using a mixture of 1125SE and S10 terminals connecting via RDP to Windows 2k terminal servers.

We have never restricted the terminals until now and whilst I have the 1125’s whistling my tune I am stuck with getting the S10’s to fall in line.

I have put the RCA_Boot and RCA_wnos files for the S10’s into the wnos folder alongside the TWA_Boot and TWA_wnos files for the 1125SE’s and specified the FTP server on the client. Whilst the 1125’s happily load the profiles I set, the S10’s appear to read the wnos.ini file and detect that the login prompt is required but will not load the profiles when I log in.

Any assistance would be useful at this point.

• Total Post: 1707
    • Jacked into The Matrix
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Mike,

It sounds like they are not reading the wnos.ini file to me. The simplest way to check is set a deskcolor=”145 145 145″ and see if the backdrop is grey on the next boot.

Can you post back with the details of where the wnos.ini is on the sever and what you enter in the thin client? Also your wnos.ini details would be useful. Finally the version on firmware on the S10 and 1125,

Cheers,
    -TT

I am using 1 location on the FTP server within the Wysewnos file structure. The wnos.ini is in the wnos folder with the profiles within a further subfolder called ini.

As i said the 1125’s read the file and profiles correctly but the S10’s appear to read the wnos.ini and understand that a signon is required, and the login screen appears but if i try to log on through this screen it briefly flashes “loading profile” and then beeps and sits there at the login screen.

I am still learning regarding thin clients so i think it must just be something i am overlooking. The firmware revision for the S10’s is 5.3.0_09f.

Currently the wnos.ini file looks like this:

Autoload=2
    TimeZone=’Greenwich Mean Time’ ManualOverride=yes daylight=no EnableLocal=no
    Language=uk
    SignOn=1 ConnectionManager=maximize EnableOK=no DisableGuest=yes
    DefaultUser=user
    AutoPower=yes
    MouseSpeed=1

Nothing complicated, but is there a difference in how the S10’s read the ini files compared to the 1125’s?

ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11109
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Hi,

compare the 1125 and S10s fileserver path. I am pretty sure that they differ.
    You’ve written that the wnos.ini file is under ftprootwysewnosini which is wrong. It has to be under ftprootwysewnos or ftprootwnos. This depends on your local fileserver configuration.
    the subfolder ini is just for special user .ini files.
    Using signon=1 means that the system has to show a logon box.

What I am interested in is, what do you want to achieve with that wnos.ini configuration. There is no session config or privilege level at all.

Try something like this:
    Autoload=2
    TimeZone=’Greenwich Mean Time’ ManualOverride=yes daylight=no EnableLocal=no
    Language=uk
    SignOn=no
    AutoPower=yes
    MouseSpeed=1
    Deskcolor=145 145 145

CONNECT=RDP
    Host=W2k-Server
    Description=”Desktop Session”
    Icon=default
    AutoConnect=yes
    Reconnect=yes
    Colors=high
    Fullscreen=yes
    Experience=0
    LocalCopy=yes

This wnos.ini will give you your language and time settings together with a sample RDP session.
    Are you using DHCP? Are you using Option Tag 161 to give the 1125/S10 the fileserver?
    If not you should implement it as this greatly reduce administration of the WTOS clients.

Regards
    CG

The wnos.ini file is under ftprootwysewnos and i have an ini sub folder for specific profiles.

The terminal is reading the wnos.ini file to prompt for the logon but does not appear to be able to access the profiles. On the 1125’s everything is fine, it is just with the S10’s that I am having this issue.

I do not want to specify connections at this time as we do not have a load balancer and have to manage server loads manually 🙁

The privilege level is specified within the profiles to provide Admin and User levels.

I am not currently using DHCP as I intend to prove that the other restrictions work before doing a fully integrated rollout. I just wanted to get the basics in place as the organisation has run with a “straight out of the box” configuration for many years without ever looking into this set up.

Essentially, I want to know if the S10’s look for the profiles in any other location than ftprootwysewnosini or whether certain permissions need to be applied or settings created in order for these terminals to read them.

ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

OK, long question – short answer: No, all WTOS based units look under wnosini for user profiles.
    Are you sure the configurations on 1125 and S10 are the same regarding the fileserver?
    You are testing with the same user accounts on both plattforms? And same user is working on 1125 but not on S10?

CG

Yes, both configurations are pointing towards the same FTP server using the same login name and password.

The same profiles are being accessed on both terminals and whilst the 1125’s load correctly, the S10’s do not.

It is a head scratcher but as the S10’s are a minority in the number of terminals that we have I am not under tremendous time pressure for this luckily.

I have tried moving this set up to a locally installed FTP in case it made a difference but nothing changed unfortunately.

• Total Post: 1707
    • Jacked into The Matrix
    • ★★★★★★

Hi,

You have signon=1 in the wnos.ini with no signon server specified so I assume you have the user.ini with a password in it and that may be the issue.

I think the password encryption changed in one of the WTOS streams. If this is the case you will need to re-create the password in the files and upgrade the 1125 to a later 5.0 version so they work with the new password format,

Cheers,
    -TT

The latest version of firmware for the 1125’s is 4.4.079 on the Wyse website. Do you know where i can locate a 5.0 version?

Otherwise I will have to resort to changing things around on the FTP server to separate the logins.

ConfGenConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x or even 6.x is not free. Therefore you will not find it somewhere as a download.
    Contact Wyse to get a demo unit with that build on it.

CG

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.