1080 Full screen video performance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mechamse
    • Total Post: 6

We are trying to use the Xenith units with XD5 to act as Conference room displays. In general they perform great, however, the video performance is very poor (choppy playback) at 1920×1080 when played in full screen. Looking for any ideas or configurations that will assist with this.

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11485
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Xenith will never play a full HD video is perfect performance. You should not try to play video with more than 2500-3500KB/s framerate.
    Xenith Pro is better here.
    Give it a try if you need high res videos.

CG

mechamse
    • Total Post: 6

The Xenith Pro does lots better when playing direct video files and the like. The problem I’m having is with web (flash) based playback. I realize some of it is that there is no flash agent to leverage on the endpoint, so that won’t help, but it is rendering really poorly. The Pro was able to do a slightly less jittery video, but the overall performance was still sub par. The bitrate of the image is less any 1024kb/s. If I download the play the same file locally on the pro it runs great, but when running over flash it is not acceptable (per the client).

Any thoughts?

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 11485
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Flash is not video. Flash is a complete different story.
    Citrix has an inbuild flash redirection festure but this needs a local flash player on the end-device.
    Xenith does not have such a local flash player and therefore no flash redirection is possible.
    You can play around with the Citrix policies to get the best out of it.
    I will do a search. Maybe I can post some recommended settings later.

CG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.