Wyse (WTOS) asks for Username and Password…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  IronW 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

IronW
    Participant
    • Total Post: 18
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

One of my users got this (see pic) on an older client; a V10L (with firmware: 7.1_207). As a result the client is now “locked” and it can’t be used. I have never seen in before on any clients and I’m wondering why? Any suggestions – do you know whats happening…?

Logon Box

-iw-

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 7746
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

That is the default as soon as either
    – SignOn=yes is defined in the wnos.ini
    – any Connection Broker or Citrix Server is configured locally or in the wnos.ini

CG

IronW
    Participant
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I believe there has to be another reason for this and neither of the above. I have a few thousand users with the same wnos.ini and this is the only one with this problem. The only “change” I’m aware of just before this occured, was a breach in the line(s)/cable in to the branch office. Any other suggestions?

-iw-

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

There are no other reasons for SignOn prompt.
    Check System Tools – Global INI. Any values here?
    Check System Setup – Remote Connections. Any broker defined here?

CG

IronW
    Participant
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

Well, the reasons I’m not to sure about – I think maybe stranger things has happened in the “World Of Thin Clients :). In my wnos I have the Signon=No and the broker is browserip=aaa.bbb.no. Doing the checks you recommended tells me the same. As mentioned I have thousands using wnos with these settings and this is the only one with the SignOn prompt (I have not seen it before either). I still don’t know the answer to this but I have arranged with the user to have it shipped to me for further investigation.

-iw-

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Have you tried to reset to factory default this one unit?

CG

IronW
    Participant
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

Yes, I tried reset but no respons (both with G-key and via the menu). I also changed the available firmware to see if it flashed, but nothing (even though I did see in WDM that the path changed).

-iw-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.