WMS – Renaming thin client wont work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mmejia 6 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mmejia
    Participant
    • Total Post: 6

Hello Guys,

I was hoping someone could give me a way to fix this or a workaround. So, we recently started using WMS. We’ve been able to register the devices and manage them. However there’s two things I haven’t been able to do.

1 – Can’t rename devices.

Every time you try to rename a device by sending the Change Hostname command it says sending command but nothing ever happens. Every other command works except for that one.

2 – Can’t reduce reconnect after disconnect time

So, the default reconnect after disconnect time is set to 20 seconds. I want to be able to reduce that but in the WMS I can’t find a setting to set that to something lower. Also, if there was a way to get the thin client to not disconnect after inactive time once on the logon screen that would be perfect.

I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find any answers, hoping you guys can help.

Device info:

Device TypeThin Client (Wyse 5040 AIO)

OS VersionWyse ThinOS (8.3_012)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

As a side note, I have spoken to Dell about not being able to rename the thin clients and all they say is “It might be a firmware issue, you should try upgrading”

However, we didn’t buy the support package so there’s no way for me to get the new firmware.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  mmejia.
    ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 7746
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Are you using WMS on premise?
    Open Central Configuration on the Thin Client
    Enter the WMS details and click “Validate key”
    Does that fully succeed?
    I suspect an issue with your MQTT server.

CG

mmejia
    Participant

Hey, thank you for the quick response. Yeah, I am able to validate the key without an issue and once the key is validated the thin client shows on my devices on WMS.

And I don’t see any error messages on the event log.

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 7746
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Then it is related to the old firmware you are running.
    8.4_108 is the latest.

CG

KFAdmin
    Participant
    • Total Post: 1

Just to confirm for others having this issue…  I had this problem on a 5010 device (on premise Standard WMS). I installed each firmware version sequentially – renaming the device started working with version 8.4_009.

mmejia
    Participant

Thank you, good to know. I’m working on the quote to be able to download the firmware from Dell.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.