Dell 3010 in reboot loop

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ConfGen ConfGen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pullelu1
    Participant
    • Total Post: 2

I am running WDM 4.9.1 and created a package to go from firmware version 7.1.207 to 8.0.037 for my Wyse T10’s.  After having some strange issues aroung the folder names I finally got it to work for two Wyse T10’s.  I then attempted to upgrade the Dell equivalent to the Wyse T10 (Dell 3010) and the two I tried are in an infinite loop.  The only thing I noticed in the logs was that for some reason they are looking for a Dove_wnos file and a T10_EC.bin file even when going back to 7.1.207. I’ve never had these files and my Wyse T10’s don’t seem to need it.  Are there differences in firmware for these?  Since I successfully upgrade two Wyse T10’s why would the equivalent Dells not work?

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 7746
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Regardless of if it is a T10 or 3010, all clients will look for DOVE_wnos firmware file and read and use the exact same one. So no reason why one should work and the other loops.
    The file T10_EC.bin is the “BIOS” file. BIOS is not 100% correct, as the T10 is ARM based and does not has a real BIOS. However, it is quite similar.
    All clients will look for it and use it, if available. If not available, they just skip it. No issue here and again same for T10 and 3010.

CG

pullelu1
    Participant
    • Total Post: 2

Thanks, the firmware I downloaded came with a Dove_boot file.  Should I rename to Dove_wnos? Or, since it sees the Dove_boot will it just take that.  Also the only difference that I can see is that the ones that worked were the old Wyse devices and the ones that did not were Dells, although they were at the same firmware version as the Wyse devices.  Any other ideas on why the two Dells would be stuck in a boot loop? Lastly I mentioned that when initially creating my package the TC was looking for a folder that I had not created.  In this case it was “MyWDM/rapport/USEH_WNOS_8_9_37” but my package was in “MyWDM/rapport/USEH_WNOS_8_9_37_T10”. By adding that folder it started to work. Here is a screenshot of what I get before I get the message that the machine will reboot in 5 seconds:

T10 upgrade just before it reboots.

ConfGen
    ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 7746
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

So you are using WDM with DDC?

My bad, the correct firmware file name for T10/3010 is DOVE_boot.

CG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.