Last Friday Dell has released the 3.0 version of WMS to its public website.
You can easily download this version here.
What’s New in WMS 3.0
This release will provide performance improvements, bugs fixing, and new features. Dell has also added the capability to manage Dell Hybrid Client, which will be released next week. Now Wyse Management Suite will be able to manage not only Dell Thin Clients but also Dell devices powered by Dell Hybrid Client.
- Support for Dell Hybrid Client Configuration
- Default User Policy Group
- Apps deployment
- Device Policy Group
- User Policy Group
- User Group/Device Group Mapping
- End-user configuration
- End-user Personalization (Follow me feature)
- Support for Factory reset and Recovery Imaging.
- Support for End User Session Reporting
- Import/Export Configuration from Device Policy Group to User Group and vice versa
- DCA Enabler
- Dynamic UI Update
- Notification for Enrollment Pending Validation on Device page – WMS 2.0 introduced an enrollment validation feature, when this feature is enabled, the tenant needs to manually approve the device before moving it to a managed state. In WMS 3.0, Pending Enrollment device count has been added in Devices Page to help ITDM to easily visualize devices that need validation.
- Support for configuring TLS versions in WMS Installer – Enhanced security by adding TLS configuration support in WMS On-Prem Installer.
- Advanced Multi-Monitor Support for WES Thin Clients – For a better user experience now customers using Windows 10 IoT will be able to have multiple configurations for monitors.