Last week Dell officially anounced the availability of the new ThinLinux 2.0.
In contrast to ThinLinux 1.0 this new version is no longer based on SUSE Linux, but on Ubuntu. However, the look and feel is exactly the same.
ThinLinux 2.0 will support the following thin clients:
- Wyse 3040 thin client
- Wyse 5070 thin client (coming soon)
- Based on mainstream distribution of Canonical Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Firefox and Google Chrome browser
- RTME 2.3
- Remote shadowing using VNC
- Multiple language support with unibyte and multi-byte input package
- Data Recovery Imaging
- Auto-Lock screen
- Ericom PowerTerm version 126.96.36.199—64-bit binary
- GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0
- Secure boot
- Tight integration with Wyse Management Suite & hands off management with ini files