Earlier this week during the Citrix Synergy Dell announced the availabilty of the new management suite for Dell Wyse Thin Clients, called Wyse Management Suite 1.0.
WMS is technically very similar to the Cloud Client Manager. Therefore CCM will now be renamed to WMS. However, WMS will be available in three versions.
The Standard version will be on-premise solution, it is free of charge and can be installed in the local datacenter.
The Pro version will be available as on-premise and public cloud offering. This version is subscription based that includes per seat cost, maintenance and ProSupport.
CCM customer do not have to do anything. They are automatically migrated to the new WMS.
If you are using WDM, you should stay with it for now. Later Dell will release a migration path at no cost, if you want to go from WDM to WMS.
Feature set matrix:
|Features||Wyse Management Suite Standard||Wyse Management Suite Pro|
|Private Cloud||Public Cloud|
|Highly scalable solution||Up to 10,000 endpoints||+50K endpoints||+1M endpoints|
|Cost||Free||Per seat subscription||Per seat subscription|
|Manage devices behind firewalls||Limited||Limited||Yes|
|Automatic Device discovery||X||X||X|
|Asset, Inventory & Systems management||X||X||X|
|View effective configuration at device level after inheritance||X||X||X|
|Reporting & Monitoring|
|Alerts, Events and Audit logs||X||X||X|
|Enterprise Grade Reporting||–||X||X|
|Alerts via email and Mobile app||–||X||X|
|Secure communication (HTTPS)||X||X||X|
|Active directory authentication for role based administration.||–||X||X|
|OS Patch and Image management||X||X||X|
|Bundle Applications to simplify deployment and minimize reboots||–||X||X|
|Dynamic group creation and assignment based on device attributes||–||X||X|
The following thin clients can be managed by Wyse Management Suite:
- Wyse 3010 thin client with ThinOS
- Wyse 3010 zero client for Citrix (ThinOS Lite)
- Wyse 3020 thin client with ThinOS
- Wyse 3020 zero client for Citrix (ThinOS Lite)
- Wyse 3030 thin client with WES7
- Wyse 3030 LT thin client with ThinOS, ThinOS w/PCoIP and ThinLinux
- Wyse 3040 thin client with ThinOS and ThinOS w/PCoIP
- Wyse 5010 thin client with ThinOS, ThinOS w/PCoIP, Linux, WES7, WE8S
- Wyse 5020 thin client with Linux, ThinLinux, WES7, WES7P, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
- Wyse 5040 AIO thin client with ThinOS and ThinOS w/PCoIP
- Wyse 5060 thin client with ThinOS, ThinOS w/PCoIP, WES7P, ThinLinux and Windows 10IoT
- Wyse 7010 thin client with ThinOS, Linux, WES7, WE8S
- Wyse 7010 extended thin client with WES7
- Wyse 7020 thin client with Linux, ThinLinux, WES7, WES7P, WE8S, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
- Wyse 7040 thin client with WES7P and Windows 10IoT
- Latitude 3460 mobile thin client with WES7P
- Latitude E7270 mobile thin client with WES7P
- Refer to Wyse Management Suite documentation for the current list of supported Wyse thin clients and recommended firmware builds.
- Note: Wyse Management Suite does not support PCoIP zero clients.