It has been a long time that we are talking about the 8.1 release. There has been a back and forth in the development and release of this new version. But the wait is over.
Today Dell released the latest and greatest version of its successful and for me the best Thin Client OS in the market.
Some of you already had the chance to beta test this version or ever get the final code directly from one of the Dell SEs. But now it is posted on the Selfservice Portal for general access – at least if you have a valid maintenance contract.
There is no new firmware version for the D10DP/5010 with PCoIP or 5213/5040 AIO with PCoIP. They have to wait for the next release to get all these new features.
I have uploaded the new Admin and INI guide to this site. Check the Download section – ThinOS.
Here is a list of new features in 8.1_027 release:
- Flash Redirection: Offload flash content to ThinOS client and locally render/decode the flash playback. This is currently for ICA connections only
- Imprivata WebAPI v4 support
- Caradigm SSO & CM Server
- ICA Supercodec/RDP H.264
- ICA 220.127.116.11
1)Multicast support in VDMM (Virtual Driver Multi-Media)
2)SuperCodec support in VDTW (Virtual Driver ThinWire)
3)Keyboard Timer support
4)Mouse’s snap to position
5)Seek support in VDMM
- VPN – OpenConnect
- Citrix UPD
- Log unexpected error messages from web servers
- USB 3.0 on Z10D
- RDP dynamic resizing
- Create ini options to change BIOS features
- Present the H/W configuration in ThinOS UI from BIOS
- NetScaler User-Agent change: Before this change you’d have to create a new NS policy to check for “WTOS/1.0” in the User-Agents HTTP Header. Now ThinOS reports WTOS/1.0 and CitrixReceiver in the header. Therefore, you still can devide between standard clients and ThinOS, but you do not have to.