Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 115 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - duplicate entries in wdm 4.5.2 with wrong mac adress
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

duplicate entries in wdm 4.5.2 with wrong mac adress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> WDM/Rapport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mangelsdorff
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: duplicate entries in wdm 4.5.2 with wrong mac adress Reply with quote

Hello,

we have about 130 Wyse devices right now but using wdm only local (not in our network) mainly because we use another pxe-server with enteo netinstall (osd) in our network.
I´m working on it to change this, but this will take some time until bosses decide to spent some money for the help from wyse.

But my main problem is that the wdm 4.5.2 installation creates a second entry in the database after pushing a new image (which we have modified) onto a device. This second entry has a wrong mac-address (always the same wrong mac address).
If I delete both entries and reboot the device then only one correct entry is created then.

Does anyone has seen this even in older versions ?
We had this from time to time with older wdm-versions too.

Thx 4 hlp (cause german support seems not to be a help)
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What devices with which builds are you seeing this on?
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
Mangelsdorff
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had this problems with 941GXL and with V90L.

Always updated older versions with the new one (941GXL Version to 546 and V90L Version to 576).
At this moment I did a test and upgraded same three devices a second time with the new Image and nothing like that happend.

Seems as this only happens when upgrading older versions to an actual (modified) image taken from a configured device per pxe.
Second entry is created after first boot of new image after image is applied.

Could it be that there is something wrong on that image ?
Had this problem even with other new created Image (actual image modified with our company settings).

Update:
Actual I update a 941GXL with Image 3.010.431.512 to 4.010.546.512 and have this strange effect.
One entry with correct mac-adress and Imageable=yes and one entry with wrong mac-adress with Imageable=no. Everything else is the same (including Name).
Deleting the wrong entry causes a restart of the device but the good entry stays correct.

Updating this device a second time does not show this effect.
karaziel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young grasshoppers...gather near...

The HAgent on XPe uses NetBIOS to determine the MAC address.
If you've disabled NetBIOS support (manually under TCP settings, or via Option Tag) you'll see results like this as it can't determine the MAC and generates a random value for the MAC to maintain a unique ID.

Alternately, if you happen to have Dual NICs (fiber or wireless addon) then that it could be reporting that MAC instead. Only have 1 NIC enabled at a time.

-k
Mangelsdorff
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WDM and the new devices are not in our network, just connected over a switch.

Its not a random mac-adress which is wrong, always the same one.

I´m using just the internal NICs.

Today tried and updated three devices at once.
No error. Everything fine. I have changed nothing.
Will try if this happens only when i upgrade one device next time.

But thx 4 trying to help.
Mangelsdorff
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually found the problem.

Enabled automatic upgrade of hagent and so the devices are getting the actual hagent 5.0.1.0 from WDM.

Since then the actual Image (Build 546) for 941GXL had hAgent 5.0.0.5 and the actual Image (Build 576) for the V90L had hAgent 5.0.0.7.

Think with the actual hagent 5.0.1.0 this problem seems not to appear.
Will test this later.
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the update
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
Bas

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced the same problem with a sticky MAC address. Every time I send an image to a thinclient (in my case v90LE XPE), the discovered record in WDM(4.5.3) gets an additional record with the same devicename and a ghost MAC address. This is very annoying because only the new record can be used tot send jobs to. The MAC address is owned by the thinclient that I used to build my image.

I have a separate development environment where I create images. At first I thought that because I connected (only once) the development Thinclient to the production network I corrupted the WDM database in some way. After removing the developement Thinclient and reinstaling WDM with a clean database I still had the problem. So I suspected that my image in some way stored the MAC address of the development thinclient.

After building a new image from scratch (wyse build 596) the problem went away. My original image was also based on build 596 so probably something went wrong during the building process but I don't know what?

Hope this is some help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> WDM/Rapport All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: