Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 76 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - PDF Reader
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDF Reader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guesss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: PDF Reader Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Does anyone knows a good pdf reader I can install on XPe boxes ?
I've installed a Foxit version wich often crashes when printing.

Some tips ??

Thanks.
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about an older version of Adobe Reader. This isn't that big in size like the newer versions.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
Mangelsdorff
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: try using Foxit PDF Reader Reply with quote

Hello,

i´m using Foxit PDF Reader for this.
It´s small and very good with lots of languages available.

Greetings
Balin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind knowing more about this myself. We use Neoware machines and are just switching over to WYSE models. On the Neoware ones we have a requirement to have Adobe installed on them, but every attempt I have tried with the V90LE models we have it causes the systems to simply crash. Has anyone gotten Adobe Reader to actually install and run on a WYSE machine?
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it works perfectly. I have a Adobe 6 and 7 WDM package.
Never tried the new Adobe 8 version though.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
Balin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConfGen wrote:
Yes, it works perfectly. I have a Adobe 6 and 7 WDM package.
Never tried the new Adobe 8 version though.

CG

I have looked on the WYSE site and cannot find the WDM packages for adobe. Do you have the link to where to find them? Or the model type I might be able to look under to find the files?

//now I am off again (sigh) to hunt on the wyse site).
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't posted on the Wyse site due to licensing issues wibe. Adobe don't like anybody else to post their (even free) products on other websites.
Balin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConfGen wrote:
It isn't posted on the Wyse site due to licensing issues wibe. Adobe don't like anybody else to post their (even free) products on other websites.

True enough. It was removed from the Neoware site when they did make an installer as well. I don't suppose you may know or could point me in the right direction as to where to look?
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send a PM

CG
varon

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best PDF viewer I have found for XPe is Sumatra. It's small, free, fast, and works in a browser. You can get it from download.com.
dougy
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: PDF Reader Reply with quote

Guesss wrote:
Hi everybody,

Some tips ??

Thanks.

From a thin client novice ... I've used Foxit on heaps of desktop & server systems and found it vastly superior to Adobe in every respect. Have Adobe on my Vista laptop mit wireless internet and it locks up about one time in ten so I'm not exactly the greatest fan of the product. I installed Foxit on a Win2K Advanced Server after Adobe decided it wouldn't recognise any printer and has impressed me to the extent that I'll use & recommend Foxit instead of Abobe anytime. I should add that I've never installed Foxit on XPe but definitely interested in giving it a try in the near future. Any feedback re this would be much appreciated.
Balin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PDF Reader Reply with quote

dougy wrote:
Guesss wrote:
Hi everybody,

Some tips ??

Thanks.

From a thin client novice ... I've used Foxit on heaps of desktop & server systems and found it vastly superior to Adobe in every respect. Have Adobe on my Vista laptop mit wireless internet and it locks up about one time in ten so I'm not exactly the greatest fan of the product. I installed Foxit on a Win2K Advanced Server after Adobe decided it wouldn't recognise any printer and has impressed me to the extent that I'll use & recommend Foxit instead of Abobe anytime. I should add that I've never installed Foxit on XPe but definitely interested in giving it a try in the near future. Any feedback re this would be much appreciated.

I have installed adobe on some thin clients, but I find it is a pain to use. It seems to be unable to print any jobs with more than 10 pages init. It spools a 2 MB pdf ito a 30 meg file and the spooler died after that. I am going to try foxit though, as it seems that it may work a bit differently. wish me luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: