Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 63 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - Screen capture with snipping tool
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen capture with snipping tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Wyse Xenith
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpomery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Screen capture with snipping tool Reply with quote

Hi,
First time posting here although I've used this site as a resource for quite some time now. We have begun deploying xenith thin clients for accessing Win7 desktops via XenDesktop. I have been unable to figure out how to get the CTRL+Print Screen to work with the snipping tool to capture a snip of a menu. Is their any way to get this key combination to work/pass through?

Matthew
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain further? Windows Snipping Tool does not use any key combo AFAIK.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
mpomery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConfGen wrote:
Can you explain further? Windows Snipping Tool does not use any key combo AFAIK.

CG

Sure ... In order to take screen captures including menus with the snipping tool you can use CTRL+Print Screen. See snippet from the snipping tool help below. This is a feature the a good number of our users use.

From Snipping tool help...
--------------------------
To capture a snip of a menu
If you want to capture a snip of a menu, such as the Start menu, follow these steps:

Click to open Snipping Tool.

After you open Snipping Tool, press Esc, and then open the menu that you want to capture.

Press Ctrl+PrtScn.

Click the arrow next to the New button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip from the list, and then select the area of your screen that you want to capture.

--------------------------

Matthew
WyseDragon
Regular Joe
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested this with my Wyse Xenith, FW 1.7.122, and per your instructions it does work fine. We are using W7 Pro on Xendesktop 5.5.

Not sure why your systems might be giving you issues. Like you said, open the tool, escape out of the current capture, and press CTRL+Print Screen.

I am glad to have learned this shortcut. I never knew how to capture menus with this tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Wyse Xenith All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: