Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 121 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - Older thin clients?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Older thin clients?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatnot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Older thin clients? Reply with quote

I need to use WSI to flash some older 9235LE thin clients. The problem is that it doesn't have the 9235 in the device list. I found plenty of info using google that says it is possible but nothing that says how.

I have WSI setup and successfully flashed a 9150 with it. When I try selecting a different device (I tried 9150 and 9455) it starts the flash procedure then fails and says the firmware is not compatible. I have flashed the 9235 using netxfer but the SP1 firmware on the Wyse site is .I2d format and can't load with netxfer. (these are 192mb versions)
Also, I would like to be able to pull an image with WSI eventually.

I am using these TC's to preinstall logging software on and send to customers.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by whatnot on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9235 can only be images using Netxfer.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
whatnot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you use the .I2d file that Wyse has on their site for the 9235?

Also, there is a 9235 folder in WSI.

I guess I will just have to hope I don't get any more of them that don't have 256mb.

I have another problem I have been trying to get working all day. This is with 9150 terminals. I can push the image to them with no problems but I can't make the pull work using wsi. It creates the folder but then the terminal just starts up like normal and nothing is pulled. I edited the alone.bat file just like in the guide and have the TFTPD32 running.

Am I missing something? The 9150 does get an IP address when it is starting up.
whatnot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. I tried most of the day to get it to pull the image from a 9150 and it just boots up normally. I edited the file to 9235 and plugged one of them in and it pulled the image just fine. (i can pull them but not push? what is the point of being able to do that?)

I switched it back to 9150 and tried again and it still just booted normal. I then tried another 9150 and it pulled the image.

What is going on? All I can pull is useless images. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: